Skip to content
OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSE
- To nurture, promote and create performance and recording opportunities for classical musicians in South Australia.
- To address the skills shortage in Australian classical music, starting with oboe, and to enrich, build and sustain a vibrant community of musicians proficient in a variety of classical instruments.
- To widen the audience for classical music locally and globally, particularly by promoting access to musical performances, recording processes and recording releases, particularly by innovative digital means.
- To encourage, commission and fund musical collaboration, exploration and experimentation, including as between genres, cultures and technologies.
- To enable and inspire participation at every level of music performance and education, and to promote excellence in music composition, practice, performance and production.
- To inspire new generations of musicians by publicly advocating music’s relevance and appeal, showcasing quality productions, compositions, performers and recordings with deep impact and engagement.
- To reduce reliance on traditional and public funding, and develop a sustainable business model through dynamic and inspirational marketing
- To work with a variety of stakeholders with shared values and expertise in the pursuit of these objectives.